Justice

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wrap it up

Phew! What a busy week...all of the AUSAs (assitant united states attorney) are trying to wrap up cases that they started. It is always better to have a jury vote when they have heard witnesses vs. hours of transcripts (which I can confirm is incredibly boring). So, we were busy all day. I would have preferred to be doing the crossword, knitting or reading for my class. Oh well. I found that a great way to kill time (not sure that is appropriate) is to take the letters in the name of the attorney and/or witness (depending on length of testimony) and make different words. Two more days! Two more days! Two more days!

I had my first corned beef sandwich the other day (I know, isn't is scary, that at my age, I have never had a corned beef sandwich?) Yummy!

Here is what I will miss about jury duty:
Lunch - one hour, uninterrupted, time to go out.
Commuting - I have not been driving. I have been taking the metro. I have road rage.
People - only some of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of students and staff have been or are having some kind of cold/flu that's going around. So be ready!
Today, for the second time in a week or so, the room I'm in gets a sudden whiff of cigarette smoke,that persists for a while like somebody is smoking in some room somewhere and the smoke/smell comes through the vents. I started asking and calling people inside to "smell" for themselves. Apparently someone was working inside the building and doing some smoking at the same time. Nothing was ever confirmed. Fun, right?
We are dragging sort of, through this long time before the break, so we try to entertain ourselves with whatever comes along.
Can't wait to see you!
Enjoy the END!!! Ms.G

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home