Justice

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Shod foot

I learned something new yesterday. If you attack someone with a bat it is called ADW/bat (assault with a dangerous weapon/bat). If you attack someone and kick them it is called ADW/shod foot. I don't know why I find that really funny. The work "shod" isn't used in everyday conversation. It makes me giggle.

Also, we, the jurors, have decided to take on 'street names'. I will now be going by L-dog. The ladies behind me are H20 and vitamin. I think it fits nicely with the secret nature of the proceedings.


We have heard many interesting nicknames. Yesterday someone's nickname was "sex". It is really handy to know nicknames. Here is a hypothetical scenario between a prosecutor (P) and witness (W):
P: Who were you with at the time of the incident?
W: I was with "Chair"
P: How long have you known Chair?
W: I been knowin' her for a while.
P: How long is a while?
W: Since elementary school.
P: Do you know Chair's real name?
W: No.

How convenient is that?

No, the drywall hangers did not show up yesterday. Shocker.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well L-dog, sorry to hear about the drywallers! I guess it's just those guys in construction- just can't trust them! ;O) My offer to help paint is still good, so whenever you do get some walls, just let me know and I'll be there with brush in hand!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI L-dog interesting hypotheticals with lots of implications for our students. But I think the spelling is either L-Dawg of el-doggg. In my experience what you ned to keep drywallers focused is lots of beer.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the LOL....needed it. This semester's mix of kids in my classes has a chemistry that is making me feel like retiring. Need to survive until June 20th. A few in particular I've started to actually dislike. Since this is public I'll refrain from saying more.
Miss you mucho.
SR

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, the drywall...can't talk about it b/c of my blood pressure condition. SR - no retiring until we talk. later-
l-dawg (thanks for the spelling)

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SR- no retiring talk!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home