Justice

Friday, March 03, 2006

money, or lack of it

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


Wasn't I surprised to open my paycheck and see that instead of being paid my salary while performing my civic duty Arlington County had taken one of my personal days and taken 9 days of leave without pay (which means they charge you for insurance and things). Luckily I received a stipend in this paycheck so I didn't owe the county money. Today, between murder cases, L-dawg will be fighting to get her money and leave back. Lovely.

I am just plain bored at jury duty. It is so monotonous - murder after senseless murder. It is sad to say, but I really don't care - indict them all. Four weeks of this is enough. Five is overkill.

A jury duty riddle:

Q: What would you call it if you were driving, got out of the car, kicked someone repeatedly, got back in the car and drove off?

A: A drive by shodding. (If you don't get it read the shod foot post)


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I think you and I can handle that drywall job, huh ell-DAAWWG? Assuming of course, you and Davey-Wavey won't be lookin for any electrical sockets in the near future. I say bring on that beer, the nail gun and game on! p.s. It's Friday, dawwwg and I hear you have some fun plans for Saturday night. So take a breather. One week to go!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh Arlington County taking money that doesn't belong to them once again! Surprise, Surprise! Keep a close eye on that paycheck! Remember, they took about $3,000 from me and only repaid about half of it. And AEA barely lifted a finger to help me out. Hope it all gets sorted out correctly. Good luck. And hey, congratulations, only 5 days to go!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you buy cheep shoes at K-mart and kick somebody is it a shoddy shodding?

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stories are very funny... I guess you are tired of allof it. Sorry to hear about your paycheck. It seems that our students come in less and less numbers, I wonder what will happen when the spring actually comes.
We miss you, I can't wait for you to come back. Your sub brought us home-baked cookies today, she is really sweet.
Other than that, all's well... Ms.G

2:55 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Very funny, the shoddy shodding. Looks like my substitute is upping the ante...maybe I'll bake something to bring in to work when I return (yeah right!). I have heard all good things about my sub which makes me happy. Much easier to leave the position. Can't wait to see you all.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not be stating with hints abo9ut leaving the position I will get depressed.

Glad they fixed the check now if you just get some drywall hung you can give the money to them.
LF

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO talk about leaving AT ALLLLLLLLL. Miss you much here - you MUST come back and STAY!!!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home