Justice

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sunburn

I am having quite a week! Yesterday I received my updated license from Virginia with my latest endorsement. I am now "highly qualified" under NCLB and can now teach students that have a specific learning disability (SLD). The classes I had to take were intense but now that it is all over I am thrilled that I decided to take them.

Then, in the afternoon, I got called into the principal's office (my boss). I thought I had done something wrong. Turns out I have been doing a lot right. I got nominated for an ARC award for Educational Leadership and I won! If you'd like to read about it here is the link: http://www.thearcofnova.org/AboutArc/Nominationletter.pdf
There will be a nice dinner next month and the Secretary of Education shows up. How neat!

So, life is moving along. Nothing new on the house. Very little knitting. Lots of frisbee. Oh, am I sore! Clique league tournament is this weekend and I can barely walk from last weekend's rec. tournament. Should be interesting. My lips got sunburned last weekend. Not very comfortable- I recommend lip balm with SPF.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Congratulations Lara, both on completing your courses and on winning the award!!

Is ultimate frisbee a year-round sport?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home